What is WooCommerce?
What is WooCommerce? What's it for?
WooCommerce is for selling products and services. Specifically, it makes doing these things affordable and accessible. You can sell digital and physical products, manage inventory and shipping, take secure payments, and sort taxes automatically.
You keep 100% control over all your data, there's support for mobile devices, and the potential to scale your sites is limitless.
WooCommerce is by far the best designed and most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress. In fact, it's now the most popular eCommerce solution across all websites, powering 42%, and counting, of all online stores ( source , select “The Entire Internet”).
Before we dive into using this awesome plugin, let's look at exactly why WooCommerce is the best option for selling products and services on your website.
What Does WooCommerce Do?
WooCommerce provides basic store functionality right out of the box, with a free plugin available from the Plugin Repository , or right from your WordPress dashboard.
While it has hundreds of available extensions – more on that in a bit! – it offers some incredible functions right out of the box.
What is WooCommerce and how do you use it?
WooCommerce Current Version: 4.5.1 woocommerce.4.5.1.zip 90%Ratings 5,000,000+Installs WP 5.3+Requires In slightly more technical terms, WooCommerce is a plugin for WordPress. So if you want to create your own eCommerce store with WooCommerce, you'll first need to install and set up WordPress.
Why Should I Use WooCommerce?
Now that we've answered “What is WooCommerce?” and “What can WooCommerce do?”, the answer to “Why should I use WooCommerce?” is readily apparent. From ease of use to SEO, control over inventory to mobile readiness, WooCommerce is the clear choice for your WordPress e-commerce site!
Just getting started with WooCommerce? In this ebook, we cover 5 ways to make more money with WooCommerce.
What is WooCommerce? (Video Explanation)
By WinningWP Editorial
If you've ever wanted to sell products from your WordPress website, then WooCommerce could be the WordPress plugin you've been looking for!
Here's a quick and easy overview on WooCommerce including what you can do with it, and a few basic steps on how to get started using it.
You will find more information about WooCommerce in the following sources :
- WooCommerce - eCommerce for WordPress (woocommerce.com) - Sell online with the fully customizable, open source eCommerce platform built for WordPress.
- What is WooCommerce? (ithemes.com) - What is WooCommerce? WooCommerce is a free WordPress plugin that adds e-commerce functionality to your WordPress website so you can have an online store.
- What is WooCommerce? Getting started with the best free eCommerce plugin (wpzoom.com) - "What is WooCommerce? This post will show you everything you need to know to get started with WooCommerce WordPress in no time."
- What Is WooCommerce? WooCommerce 101, Explained for Beginners (themeisle.com) - What is WooCommerce? It's a popular, flexible way to build an eCommerce store with WordPress. Learn more in this beginner-friendly tutorial.
- WooCommerce - Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org) -
- WooCommerce (wordpress.org) - WooCommerce is the world's most popular open-source eCommerce solution.
- What is WooCommerce? - ReadWrite (readwrite.com) - You've probably heard about WooCommerce, but you're probably not aware it could do ALL of these things! Learn all about this eCommerce platform here.
- What is WooCommerce? The What, Why, and Who of eCommerce (web-savvy-marketing.com) - What is WooCommerce? WooCommerce is a free plugin, or functional extension, for WordPress. It operates over 37% of all online stores.
- WooCommerce: Who Is It Perfect For (And Who Should Avoid It) - Digital.com (digital.com) - Get fast facts on WooCommerce. Our comprehensive review covers SEO; marketing, sales and product tools, apps, analytics, upselling, and more.
- WooCommerce Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Tutorial [+ Resources] (wpbeginner.com) - Are you looking for a simple WooCommerce tutorial? Follow our ultimate WooCommerce guide for beginners with resources and step-by-step setup instructions.
- What is WooCommerce? (A Simple Video Explanation) (winningwp.com) - Heard of WooCommerce and wondering quite what it is, what it can do, and whether or not you should use it? Let's take a look...
- 10 Reasons to Choose WooCommerce for Your eCommerce Business (blog.nexcess.net) - WooCommerce is a great choice for new eCommerce retailers who want to build their store on an easy-to-use foundation that will grow with their business.
- Shopify vs WooCommerce - Which is the Better Platform? (Comparison) (wpbeginner.com) - Are you looking for the comparison between Shopify and WooCommerce? In this article, we compared Shopify vs WooCommerce (with Pros and Cons).
- WooCommerce Pricing: How much does an online store cost? (websitetooltester.com) - WooCommerce is for free! Really? Actually, you will pay for other things that you may not have thought of. Find out more about a realistic pricing.
- WooCommerce Pages - WooCommerce Docs (docs.woocommerce.com) - Upon installation, WooCommerce creates the following new pages via the Setup Wizard: Shop – No content required. Cart – Contains [woocommerce_cart] shortcode and shows the cart contents Checkout – Contains [woocommerce_checkout] shortcode and shows information such as shipping and payment options My Account – Contains [woocommerce_my_account] shortcode and shows each customer information related to their …
- What is WooCommerce and Why Small Business Loves it. (plugmatter.com) - If eCommerce were a love story, WooCommerce and WordPress would be Romeo and Juliet. Here, we'll talk about what WooCommerce is, its benefits and use.
- WooCommerce vs. Shopify: How to Choose the Best eCommerce Platform for You? (business.tutsplus.com) - Starting an online store has never been easier. There are quite a few feature-rich eCommerce platforms available, each with their own set of strengths. But the two most popular solutions are...
- What is WooCommerce? (lexiconn.com) - What is WooCommerce
These topics were mentioned multiple times across various sources:
- Payment Gateway
- online store
- open source
- eCommerce platform
- eCommerce website
- domain name
- Setup Wizard
- eCommerce store
- physical products
- eCommerce solution
- email marketing
- physical goods
- Google analytics
- WooCommerce vs Shopify
- Hosting Service
- core plugin
- hosting provider
- content management system
- free plugin
- digital downloads
These are some relevant questions found across sources:
- What is WooCommerce? What's it for?
- What Does WooCommerce Do?
- What is WooCommerce and how do you use it?
- What is WooCommerce Storefront?
- What can WooCommerce do?
- What to look for in a WooCommerce theme?
- What can you sell with WooCommerce?
- Why Choose WooCommerce?
- Why Should I Use WooCommerce?
- Is WooCommerce Right for You?
These are some relevant subsections found across sources:
- 3. Install WooCommerce
- 1. Woocommerce Pricing
- Support Options for WooCommerce
- Support Options for WooCommerce vs Shopify
- Payment Options in WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Product Table
- WooCommerce Product Search
- Get Started With These Recommended WooCommerce Plugins
- Everything Can Be Sold with WooCommerce
- Start selling with WooCommerce today!
These are some factual sentences found across sources:
- In January 2020, it was estimated that WooCommerce is used by around 3.9 million websites. (en.wikipedia.org)
- In 2015, statistics show that the percentage of online stores that utilize WooCommerce through Wordpress.org's plugin is more than 30% of all stores. (en.wikipedia.org)
- Today, WooCommerce remains one of the most prominent players in the eCommerce industry, with 62M downloads, 22% of the top 1M websites running on WooCommerce according to BuiltWith and 28% of all online stores according to WooCommerce.com. (readwrite.com)