What is Mobile Advertising?
What is Mobile Advertising?
Mobile advertising refers to ads and ad campaigns expressly designed for mobile devices. In this context, “Mobile devices” include smartphones, tablets, or wearable devices. Mobile ads can appear within apps, on websites viewed from mobile devices, or on social media platforms viewed through mobile devices.
What are mobile ads?
The definition of mobile ad, according to Google Ads support is A type of ad that can appear on web pages and apps that are viewed on a mobile device like a cell phone or tablet.
For Google Ads, “mobile” is defined as where the ad can appear on “mobile” devices. These include high-end mobile devices with smaller screens, such as smartphones.
This is the simplest and most comprehensive definition I have ever come across with and I am sure it leaves no question unanswered.
You can find more information about Mobile advertising in the following sources:
- What Is Mobile Advertising? (investopedia.com) - Mobile advertising appears on mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, or PDAs that have wireless connections.
- What is Mobile Advertising and How Does it Work? (mobileads.com) - Mobile advertising is a completely new field that differs a lot from the traditional concepts of ad making. Understand mobile advertising from here.
- Mobile advertising - Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org) -
- What is Mobile Advertising? - Definition from Techopedia (techopedia.com) - This definition explains the meaning of Mobile Advertising and why it matters.
- What is Mobile Advertising & Why Is It Important (consumeracquisition.com) - Mobile advertising is a type of advertising via mobile device. Learn more about it and how it can help your business here.
- 11 Companies That Are Doing Mobile Advertising Right (singlegrain.com) - Mobile has been key when it comes to the growth of digital marketing spend, so get inspired by these successful companies' mobile advertising campaigns!
- What Is Mobile Marketing & Why Does it Matter So Much? (wordstream.com) - What is mobile marketing and why is it essential for your marketing strategy? Read on to learn the major types of mobile marketing, mobile marketing stats, how mobile marketing works and why you can't afford to miss out on the mobile marketing trend.
- Why You Should Focus Your Marketing Efforts On Mobile Ads and Social Media (visme.co) - A visual summary of the different types of mobile ads for top social media platforms and tips for when to use each one to maximize your marketing efforts and ensure high ROI.
- Comprehensive Guide to mobile advertising: Types of ads and main platforms - ClickZ (clickz.com) - With 73% of internet users expected to access the web solely through smartphones by 2025, mobile advertising is a top priority for marketers.
- Mobile Ads. A Complete Guide to Mobile Display Advertising (blog.bannersnack.com) - Mobile ads are dominating display advertising. Here is all you need to know for understanding this type of ads. Definition, formats, examples, serving channels.
- Mobile Advertising: What Is It and How Does It Work? (huffpost.com) - By Marco Mottola As a digital advertising platform, "mobile," also commonly known as "mobile in-app" or "mobile geofencing," is one of the fastest ...
- About Mobile Advertising - Know Online Advertising (knowonlineadvertising.com) - Mobile advertising – sooner or later will be a boon to online advertising. It is now a rapidly growing sector providing brands, agencies and marketers the opportunity to connect with consumers beyond traditional and digital media directly on their mobile phones. With growing technology today mobile phones can be utilized Continue Reading
- Mobile Advertising definition (openpr.com) - ▷ Mobile Advertising Definition ✅ The Current State of Mobile Advertising ✅ How Is Mobile Advertising Done? ✅ The Advantages of Mobile Advertising ✅ Challenges Facing Mobile Devices ✅ Mobile Advertising Services ✅ Analytics and Tracking for Mobile Ad
- Mobile Advertising - What Is It And How Does It Work? - tapjoy.com (tapjoy.com) - As technology evolves, so does advertising. Mobile advertising is one of the most effective ways to reach consumers in 2019.
- What Exactly Is Mobile Programmatic? - Applift (applift.com) - If you have been hearing the word “programmatic” far too frequently in recent years, you aren’t alone. If you don’t fully understand what it is, then, fear not, you aren’t alone either! Jimmy Kimmel had once famously called programmatic the “gluten” of advertising. And just like gluten became a hot buzzword for the food industry, programmatic, too, has been one of the hottest buzzwords in the last few years for ad tech. Programmatic advertising isn’t something new. It has been around for a while now, but has gone mainstream in the last few years, replacing traditional ad-space sells for mobile websites and mobile apps.
- 10 reasons why mobile advertising is more effective than Internet advertising (mobilemarketer.com) - Mobile Marketer
- Mobile ad - Google Ads Help (support.google.com) - A type of ad that can appear on webpages and apps that are viewed on a mobile device like a cell phone or tablet. For Google Ads, "mobile" is defined as where the ad can appear on "mobile" devic
- What is mobile attribution? A Beginner's guide (adjust.com) - What happens when you click on a mobile ad? To answer this question, we've covered the basics of how mobile attribution works and some entry-level terms.
These topics were mentioned multiple times across various sources:
- mobile device
- digital advertising
- mobile marketing
- mobile user
- mobile web
- advertising campaign
- advertising platform
- mobile phone
- mobile game
- conversion rate
- mobile advertisement
- mobile ad campaign
- social media
- Social media platforms
- target audience
- demand side platform
- click through rate
- Engagement Rate
- mobile banner ads
- brand awareness
- mobile search
- mobile campaign
- phone number
- Internet advertising
These are some relevant questions found across sources:
- How Is Mobile Advertising Done?
- What is mobile advertising?
- What are mobile ads?
- What Is Mobile Marketing?
- Why mobile advertising?
- Why is mobile advertising important?
- How Does Mobile Marketing Work?
- Where are mobile ads served?
- What are some examples of mobile advertising?
- What is Mobile Advertising and How Does it Work?
These are some relevant subsections found across sources:
- Mobile video advertising
- Mobile Advertising Services
- About Mobile Advertising
- Mobile Advertising Definition
- Types of mobile ads
- Types of Mobile Advertising
- Mobile Advertising Automation
- Mobile marketing strategy
- Types of Mobile Marketing Strategies
- Examples of Mobile Advertising
These are some factual sentences found across sources:
- Mobile advertising revenue grew up to 40% from 2017 to 2018.” Similarly, according to this article on Ad Age , “digital advertising had yet another record-breaking year in 2017, as ad revenue totaled $88 billion, a 21 percent upswing from 2016”. (mobileads.com)
- A potential consumer involved in a challenging game is more likely to spend 10 or more seconds on the advertisement. (mobileads.com)
- As mentioned earlier in the article, the 2019 mobile ad spending is predicted to account for approximately half of the global advertising market. (mobileads.com)
- According to a report by emarketer for mobile internet ad spending worldwide, it has grown from 19.20 billion dollars in 2013 to 195.55 billion dollars in 2019! (mobileads.com)
- According to IAB'S internet advertising revenue reports , mobile has grown to account for nearly two-thirds of digital ad revenue for the year 2018. (mobileads.com)
- It is estimated that U.S. mobile app-installed ads accounted for 30% of all mobile advertising revenue in 2014, and will top $4.6bn in 2016, and over $6.8bn by the end of 2019. (en.wikipedia.org)
- Some see mobile advertising as closely related to online or internet advertising, though its reach is far greater currently, most mobile advertising is targeted at mobile phones, that came at an estimated global total of $4.6bn as of 2009. (en.wikipedia.org)
- Notably computers, including desktops and laptops, are currently estimated at 1.1 billion globally. (en.wikipedia.org)
- According to Gartner, the mobile advertising market will continue to be driven by smartphones and tablet devices, which will enhance growth to $19 billion by 2015. (techopedia.com)
- That's the equivalent of 51 percent of all mobile users worldwide. (consumeracquisition.com)